Welcome to FrostStudio, you should start by reading our rules

We chose to giveaway the forum. Here's why and our JOURNEY

Go down

We chose to giveaway the forum. Here's why and our JOURNEY Empty We chose to giveaway the forum. Here's why and our JOURNEY

Since our last post is more than 2 years ago, we can say the forum is dead no matter how we look at it. Now an insight of my brain.

I was on the Forumotion for a long time, like I grew up with forumotion. Kids were outside playing football and having fun and I was working on i don't even remember what site. I always loved forumotion and it's somewhere deep in my soul, even if no one around me know about me doing this stuff. I was in high school and by the end of our last year, we learned HTML and I was so far ahead and everyone was asking me and were: "wtf, when you had the time to learn?".

Now, don't get me wrong, it is still important to me, in my memory, since the community became quite inactive and less and less effective ( my opinion: the support forum "v2.0" update destroyed it ) but it helped me, I will let you know why soon.

I'm an native Romanian, and I learned about forumotion because of the Romania's platform (forumgratuit) and for a long time I tried to join their team and God damn, it never happened. But I knew that the Romanian was dying so I moved to forumotion. With a lot of hardwork, I made it to the team ( with a lot of people wanting me down, posting on the forum that I'm a bad person, long story short, from RO website ) as a Graphic Designer. I didn't stay too long. When I came in, it was too late for the website in general.

I always wished to have 4-5 requests per day, so we can work, develop, but let's say we got 1per day ( in good cases ) and I didn't had what to do there so I rather leave than fill just to be. I always hated that, I got some things from that but I didn't want to take Credits for free. It wasn't me. I was there for work, not for Credits ( well they made a nice thing, but the fact that I was a part of the team, made me feel good, not the credits )
The respect that I got thanks to a Signature, the color, the IMPORTANCE for myself was all I wanted. To be somebody there

But that took a long time, a really long time and I met a person on the Romanian website - who is here as well and we made websites all the time. Day and night. We got to the point when we were 100 posts and 10 members on an website and boom: switch. Make a new one, that one was garbage, was outdated.

I had a few websites that were worth the shot, for myself I mean, I got happy with them. An Romanian Gaming one with 100 members and 1000 posts in less than 1 month.
And an English one with good development and hard work. FM-Software. We wanted to be the engine, we wanted everything. And we got quite a nice result, even that it didn't last for a long time. I still have it, 1150 posts and 80 members. It made me feel happy, it always did. It's been 6 years, I made in 2013. It was nuts, I loved.

But my journey with forumotion is down, I quit it and I'm sad about it. It's been 2 years since I left even the graphics and so on, the code. I still know what I learn but never wanted more because I couldn't move on. I know to work with Wordpress but i'm not happy with it unfortunetly
Fate
Fate
Developer

https://frost-studio.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit